The 14 Best Self Storage Tips You Need to Knownunansadmin
Here are 14 self-storage tips that can help you maximize your space and keep your belongings safe in 2022:
- Declutter before storing: Before you start packing your items, take the time to declutter and get rid of things you no longer need or use. This will help you save space and reduce the cost of storage. Will Stor is Northeast Louisiana’s premier, climate controlled, self-storage facility! Visit now!
- Choose the right storage unit size: Consider the size of your items and how much space you’ll need. You don’t want to pay for more space than you need, but you also don’t want to choose a unit that’s too small.
- Use sturdy boxes and packing materials: Invest in high-quality boxes, bubble wrap, packing paper, and tape to protect your belongings during transport and storage.
- Label everything: Label each box with its contents and the room it came from. This will help you find what you need quickly when you return to the unit.
- Stack boxes properly: Place the heaviest boxes on the bottom and stack them in a stable way to prevent them from toppling over.
- Create an inventory list: Create a list of all the items you’re storing and keep a copy with you. This will help you remember what you have in storage and prevent you from forgetting anything when you move out.
- Use shelving units: Shelving units can help you maximize vertical space and keep your items organized.
- Store items off the ground: Use pallets or shelves to keep your items off the ground, especially if you’re storing in a garage or basement.
- Use climate-controlled storage: Climate-controlled storage units help protect your belongings from extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Don’t store perishables or hazardous materials: Food, plants, and hazardous materials are not allowed in self-storage units.
- Keep valuables and important documents with you: Items such as jewelry, cash, and important documents should be kept with you instead of being stored in a self-storage unit.
- Check on your unit regularly: Visit your unit periodically to check on your belongings and ensure that everything is in good condition.
- Pay your rent on time: Make sure you pay your rent on time to avoid late fees or, worse, losing your unit.
- Purchase insurance: Consider purchasing insurance to protect your belongings in case of theft, damage, or other unexpected events.