Fun Flower Facts: Strawflowers
One of our staff’s absolute favorite fall flower is the strawflower. This interesting annual is a low-maintenance plant that adds a great pop of color to your fall containers or to your garden beds.
- Strawflowers require very little care. Water only when the soil feels slightly dry, as these annuals are prone to rot if they stay too wet.
- Pinch off faded flowers to promote new blooms and growth.
- Strawflowers will bloom until the first hard frost and come in a variety of reds, oranges, yellows, pinks, white and purples.
- Plant strawflowers or place containers with strawflowers in sunny location since they do best in full sun.
- Fun little fact: the strawflowers “crunch” like straw when you touch them!
Thanks for the tip on Hollytone.
The bag does not specify which shrubs/trees to use it on.
Great info on planting in our area of U.S.
You can use Holly-Tone on any acid-loving tree or shrub. Some examples include all evergreens, such as arborvitaes, boxwood, and hollies, and flowering shrubs such as azaleas, rhododendrons, and hydrangeas.
Thanks for checking out our blog! We hope you enjoy the content.