Fun Flower Facts: Strawflowers
One of our staff’s absolute favorite fall flower is the strawflower. This interesting annual is a low-maintenance plant that adds a great pop of color to your fall containers or to your garden beds.
- Strawflowers require very little care. Water only when the soil feels slightly dry, as these annuals are prone to rot if they stay too wet.
- Pinch off faded flowers to promote new blooms and growth.
- Strawflowers will bloom until the first hard frost and come in a variety of reds, oranges, yellows, pinks, white and purples.
- Plant strawflowers or place containers with strawflowers in sunny location since they do best in full sun.
- Fun little fact: the strawflowers “crunch” like straw when you touch them!